Thus said Michael Torrie on Thu, 04 Dec 2008 12:56:34 MST:

> And it solves none of the problems of fiat currency since the division
> of gold is arbitrary and artificial.

I  believe you've  missed  the  point regarding  the  division of  gold.
Dividing up gold into smaller units does  not in any way produce more of
it. And in no way is it arbitrary or artificial, it is a natural process
money.

Also, need  it be said  that money generally  can be divided  up without
losing value.  Hence, its possible to  cut gold up into  100 pieces, yet
still retain its purchasing power.

> No wonder they threw it out back in the day.

Who is they?  It most certainly wasn't something that  ``We the People''
were lobbying for. Like many of the policies that came out of that era.

Andy
 10:25pm  up  4:25,  2 users,  load average: 1.06, 1.14, 1.13