Thus said Nicholas Leippe on Fri, 05 Dec 2008 08:19:46 MST:

> I  disagree.  I think  silver  is  better as  a  money  than gold  for
> precisely the same reason--it is far less scarse than gold.

Both are good for money because  they both meet all the requirements. As
a store of value (one property of  good money) gold is much more stable.
Just look at the difference in volatility in their trend charts.

> The  scarcer a  currency  is, the  easier it  is  to monopolise  which
> reduces it's utility as a currency and causes poverty.

I'm not  really sure what  this has to do  with an economic  analysis of
what makes good money. Perhaps you are referring to ``hoarding?''

http://www.mises.org/money/2s9.asp

> The  industrial use  of  any  substance is  based  far  more upon  the
> physical properties of matter than the supply.

If  the price  of silver  was $1000/oz,  would that  not restrict  which
industrial uses silver would be found in?

Andy
  8:48pm  up 20 min,  1 user,  load average: 1.07, 1.24, 0.96