Michael Torrie wrote:
Levi Pearson wrote:
The downsides for that box:
  No HDMI port, so you won't get video+audio on the same cable, though
  it comes with a DVI/HDMI adapter for video.

Granted I have never actually used this functionality, but I know it's
there.
My question is, does ANYBODY use HDMI for that? My receiver has 2 HDMI inputs. But if you want to hear the audio with that, you have to use coax or optical as well. All it does is switch the HDMI output. Nothing (receivers, TV's, etc.) that I've found can use an HDMI audio signal and pass it along. My TV will pass along a stereo version of the audio out from the HDMI inputs to its coax output. That's really handy.

So what good is combined audio+video on HDMI? Do most people have one combined audio and video output device (do people really still use the speakers in their TVs)? Or am I missing something?

Barry