Barry Roberts wrote:
I'm reasonably sure HDCP is the reason I can't just plug HDMI into my receiver and have it play the audio. It couldn't then pass it along. Same for the TV. My PS3 can put a nice 7.1 audio signal out on its HDMI, but my TV only gives me stereo out. So I have several devices with HDMI, and every single one has audio cables right beside it. It's retarded. False advertising, IMO.

Hey, I like that. Next time someone asks what's wrong with DRM, I'll say that DRM is a subtle form of false advertising. It's hard for a lot of people to grasp DRM, but they understand false advertising and all its subtleties quite well.

Shane