And here I thought the best way to engender sympathy was to keep the focus on
the plight of Iranian and Chinese protesters.

I'll politely add your reasoning to my list of explanations to use (at the
bottom).

Sorry for the short response, I've got to go conduct a security audit on my
server and change all of my usernames and passwords; I might have a case of the
gunderson.

Later,

Richard