On Saturday, April 30, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Ryan Byrd wrote:
Everybody uses GoDaddy. Seriously, everyone does. You should too.
I can't stand GoDaddy, personally. Their ads are annoying and they have the
'mega-corporation' mentality. They are huge, and they know it.

> On Apr 30, 2011, at 5:31 AM, "S. Dale Morrey" <sdalemor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Any suggestions for a decent registrar?

I use name.com for domain registration and slicehost for DNS/web hosting. I
LOVE name.com's domain search tools. You put in your phrase as a search term
and it will come back with your phrase and about a hundred different TLDs for
you to choose from. They'll also let you use their beta search tools that index
twitter, and/or let you find names dealing with a certain geographic area.

The only thing they've tried to sell me so far was free google apps. and even
then it's passive.

Unfortunately it looks like you are stuck with 1and1 until the domains have
been registered for 60 days. That is an ICANN policy.

--
Eric Jacobs