On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Levi Pearson <levipear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 11:11 AM, AJ ONeal <coola...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you're getting into JavaScript, you may consider:
>> uta...@googlegroups.com
>>

>> P.P.S. Of course, php also makes me cringe. (yay for Node.JS / ruby / python
>> / erlang / anything-else-that's-actually-a-language)
>
> Hey, php is actually a language.  Not a particularly great one, but
> with the new OO features and whatnot you could probably hide the worst
> of the nastiness behind a nice library like the JQuery and friends do
> for the DOM nastiness.  Of course, most established PHP codebases
> don't do that, so... yeah, PHP sucks.  I've been helping out with a
> community web server that's running a bunch of PHP code, and I feel
> kind of dirty after mucking with it for a bit. ;)

Just curious, to know if anyone but me has been seeing a lot of
consulting work popup where companies are either moving off PHP and
onto Java, or vise versa?  Seems like out of the last 10 projects or
so I've worked on, it's a move to/from between PHP & Java.

In my case it's usually some random company (typically either from
india or someone with a thick indian accent) calling off my dice
profile and asking me to be a local POC for them for a platform move
like that.