On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Richard Esplin
<richard-li...@esplins.org> wrote:
> Snide troll inserted below.
>
> On Friday September 9 2011 15:40:32 Levi Pearson <levipear...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Everyone wants a magic bullet.  If you're suffering under a mass of
>> unstructured php code, the structure and discipline of Java probably
>> sounds like just the thing you need.  If you're stuck with a Java
>> behemoth with labyrinthine class structures and elaborate patterns
>> that no one can follow anymore, the git-er-done attitude of PHP
>> probably sounds pretty appealing.  They're polar opposites, and both
>> extremely popular, so it's not surprising to me that a bunch of people
>> want to switch from one to the other.  In most cases it's probably a
>> mistake, though.
> <snip>
>
> Because they should all have been using Django from the beginning.

Not even the awesome power of Django can save a codebase from
architecture astronauts or spaghetti-slingers who would screw up an
app if you handed it to them complete on a silver platter.  Good
developers with good management and a bit of good fortune could make a
nice web app in COBOL if they had to.