Snowden: He did the right thing, though a lot of this stuff was mostly
known already. A pundit on Fox News, who was also a former FBI agent, broke
the story that every phone call / text is retrieved and cataloged during
the Boston bombers' capture. He noted that since the authorities know whom
the bombers were, they can backtrack all of their communications, even
listen to phones calls they made months ago. Glenn Greenwald has been
writing stories about this particular program for weeks now, and I applaud
Snowden for giving Greenwald the sources to investigate it further.

Manning did the right thing too. He didn't just dump everything out in the
open. Remember, he tried to take his story to the NY Times and WSJ, but
they weren't having it. He then turned to Wikileaks and they did a good job
of de-identifying the names of our agents in those documents before they
were released to the public. It's possible that Scooter Libbey has "outed"
more covert agents than Bradley Manning has.