On 06/10/2013 04:51 PM, Nathan England wrote:
> Dan, your entire question is framed to make me answer according to
> your boxed results. I do not claim to know the complete mind of God,
> how ever I believe he has given me his word (the bible) and has
> stated what is right and what is wrong. I do not believe God would
> issue a command that was contrary to his word. That has to be my
> answer, because the answers you want me to select are not possible.
> Sorry I cannot give you more than that.

This exchange is very interesting and reminds me a lot a conversation in
the Book of Mormon between a believer, Amulek, and another man named
Zeezrom.  The conversation was very similar.  It's always striking to me
to see conversations from the book of Mormon play out in real life.
People often don't even know their arguments were played out a long time
ago (1830 if you're not LDS, or more than 2000 years ago if you are).

I think you've done a good job defending your belief.  Despite the often
liberal tone on this list (and maybe anti-tea party bias!), there are
people here who also feel as you do in this area.