On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 3:23 PM, keith smith <klsmith2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think your answer is good vs. evil.  If the act is used for evil, then it
> is an act of terrorism.  I think most people would agree with this.

Oh, absolutely.  Everyone wants to be on the side of good.  Osama bin
Laden was so worried about being a good Muslim that he held long, very
serious debates with his top advisors about whether the terrorist acts
they were planning would violate any tenets of Islam.  We know this
because some of these discussions were documented on the hard drives
we recovered from his compound.

So unfortunately I don't think "is what they did good or evil" makes a
very useful measuring stick.

-Dan