On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:50:13 Kyle Waters wrote:
> On 06/26/2013 11:36 AM, keith smith wrote:
> > That is not econ.  That is Gov spending.
> >
> > Econ to me is in the market place, goods and services.
>
> So let's say I buy something.  I don't know what.  Let's say it's boiler
> plate for my steam boat.  I buy that plate from a guy in Ohio who has
> built a lot of steam boats. Let's say he short changes me on the
> thickness of the boiler plate and why I'm on my steam it explodes and
> kills me.  Now the libertarian approach to this situation has three
> arguments 1. Be an expert on every single subject so that no one can
> ever trick you 2. hire several experts on every single subject to advise
> you before you make any purchase 3. your family can sue the boiler plate
> company out of existence.

I'd like to suggest a fourth:

Since I am not an expert at everything I only purchase things from vendors
whose insurance agencies are reputable. I verify that the merchant actually
does have a policy through Super Insurance Utah and since he does I know that:

1. The insurance agency has checked out this guy's wares to make sure they
live up to his claims. Since they'll be paying for my death (my family sues
them and the insurance agency has to pay out) they have a good incentive to
make sure he's legit.

2. I know that the insurance agency will pay out if I die.

--
Jessie A. Morris
801-210-1526