I have a Fedora 18 machine in the kitchen that has an internal pci 802.11
b/g/n card.  For nearly a year, it's been working pretty good.  Now for the
past couple of weeks, the network just stops working for a few minutes at a
time.

If I ping during that time, I get no responses.  If I keep a ping running
the whole time I eventually start getting "no buffer space" messages.

Usually, it just starts working again in 3-4 minutes.  But I don't see
anything in dmesg or  /var/log/messages before, during or after the outage.
 The wifi thinks it's connected the whole time.

I'm in the middle of a fedup (18-19) to see if that fixes it, but I have
never seen an issue like this, and since there is nothing in the logs, I'm
not sure what to pursue.

I have replaced the wifi card with a new one.  The new one does basically
the same thing.

Anybody have any brilliant ideas?

Thanks,
Barry