Thanks to the encouragement of pluggers a few months back (or was it
years... can't remember) I've switched my main shell to zsh and for the
most part I like it.  I run a few things from ohmyzsh which might be
part of the problem.  The problem I'm seeing is tab-completion behavior
when two file names share parts that are the same.  For example, I have
two files:

$ ls
file1234ab.txt
file1234.pdf

Now if I type "cat file" and hit tab, it shows this:
$ cat file1234.

I would expect:
$ cat file1234

This happens frequently with different filenames, such as similarly
named mp4 files of a TV series.  It's very annoying as well.  It's
probably an old version of zsh 4.3.10.  Maybe I'll compile a newer
version (or move to a new distro).

Can anyone replicate this issue?