I used to use Revelation password manager for GNOME:

http://revelation.olasagasti.info/
- Easy to use
Cons:
- Not multi-platform

I don't recall if Revelation had a mechanism for storing files.  But if it
didn't have a limit to password size, most key files can be easily PEM
encoded (if they aren't already)

I am currently using KeePass (specifically KeePassX).

http://www.keepassx.org/
Pros:
- Multi-platform
- Easy to use
- Can import from Revelation (with some manual intervention IIRC)
Cons:
?

KeePassX can add attachments to passwords you store.

Both do automatic idle/focus locking.  Both have password generators.  Both
store passwords in an AES (KeePass Blowfish also).  Both have a folders
concept and have search ability.

HTH,
-Alan