On May 21, 2014, Brian J. Rogers wrote:

> server. I was under the impression that you were looking to just replace

> the clients, not the server. If you are looking to replace the exchange

> server with open source, then I'd recommend a mail stack of Postfix,

> Dovecot or some other similar package, and Davmail. That should be what
you

> need to do email and calendars. I would feel better if someone verified

> that though as I've never set up a shared calendaring system.

I guess I'm going to have to be a bit more explicit when I post, it seems
everyone was under the impression I wanted to replace one side or the
other. In fact, I'm trying to get the idea of what it takes to setup
something that does the same as Exchange and Outlook, but with completely
open source code.

I'll have to look into this combo you mentioned. Of course, given my
personal preference for Exim, I'd want to see about replacing Postfix with
exim/sa-exim. But I'll definitely look at that tutorial, thanks.

--- Dan