On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 7:46 PM, wayne <mathwhiz1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm new to the PLUG community, are we doing any GPG/PGP signing parties
> after any conferences/meetings?

I used to participate in the Web of Trust, before it died. Since then I
have not found much traction for signing my email messages. When I need to
pass messages securely I have found other alternatives. There are many
communication channels these days, many of which are encrypted. For
directly encrypting a message that can then be passed over public networks,
most recently I have been using these two:

- https://keybase.io
- https://sharelock.io

I have used both with satisfactory results on numerous occasions.