I've used ubiquiti products for some work and side gigs for a while, and I
generally like them for specific use cases. Their wireless bridging
equipment is great, and the rest of their gear is a good value in the SOHO
space. I don't like that they still use passive PoE on much of their
products.

We've had a hard time getting new equipment from them for the last few
months. They do not have sales reps even if you buy at volume, and I agree
that their website is poorly organized. They even have a separate website
for amplifi products.

Also, you don't need a wireless controller permanently installed to run
unifi APs, unless you want to keep metrics or make changes.

--
Doug