I've written a script to get caller id details for incoming phone calls
displayed on your Squeezebox display.  This optionally looks up the
phone number in an address list and tells you the name of the person
that is calling as well as their number.  It can also turn the volume
down if its above a certain level when the phone rings.  The script
runs on Linux and needs no other non-standard programs.  Detailed
information (and the script!) at http://www.thespicers.net/cid.html.

It may be possible to get this going on Windows as well (see the
Planned Features section at the bottom) - let me know if you've got any
ideas on this.

Thanks,

Max

PS  Sorry for the repost.  I edited my original post and now appear to
have completely lost it.

--
max.spicer

The wild things roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible
teeth
and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws
but Max stepped into his private boat and waved good-bye