max.spicer Wrote:
> I can't see why this wouldn't work with the slimp3.  It should work with
> US CallerID, but you may find I've made some uk-specific assumptions.
> Let me know how you get on - I'll be happy to make changes to cope with
> US stuff and/or to update the docs accordingly.Max,

I got everything up and running with just a few tweaks. Here they are
incase anyone else has similar problems.

Server OS: CentOS 4.1 (Redhat Based)
SlimServer: v.6.2.1
Clients: SliMP3's Only
CallerID: United States

First I needed to install Text::CSV_XS as it is not part of the
standard CentOS distro. I did using the following command:
Code:
--------------------
     perl -MCPAN -e "install Text::CSV_XS"
--------------------
Next, it was having trouble connecting to the server when I tested the
script.  I noticed that you have a non-defualt port setup on your
system (9023). I changed it to the Slim defualt of 9090 and the test
displayed fine.

Setting up mgetty and inittab:

Entry for /etc/mgetty+sendfax/mgetty.config:
Code:
--------------------
    # Calling Max's Script to pass CallerID info to Slimserver
  cnd-program /usr/local/sbin/cid.pl
  init-chat "" AT#CID=1
--------------------
Entry for /ect/inittab:
Code:
--------------------
    # Put a getty on a modem line to monitor after two rings.
  #
  S1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mgetty -x0 -n 2 -s 57600 ttyS1
I'll keep playing with it over the weekend. I'll let you know if I run
into anything else.

Thanks for this great little script.

--Tom Malsbury

--