Craig, James (IT) Wrote:

> I can put in a check that detects this overrun and produces a warning
> (although your ears will already have detected this problem),
> but I don't really want to start automatically restarting the stream.
> I don't believe any of the other internet radio plugins/services do
> this
> so I think it's the correct behaviour.
>
> Are you trying to restart playback from the LastFM player menu?
> I'm not sure this will do anything at all if the plugin thinks
> streaming
> is working.
> This could be the cause of the ignored commands!
> Although it looks like you managed to start playback from the plugin
> (the webpage maybe?) eventually...

I guess I'm not really bothered about automatically restarting, as long
as I can easily restart by pressing "play" (or something).  I was trying
to restart using the remote (actually softsqueeze) interface, but as you
say if the plugin thinks its working it will ignore me.

How about a behaviour such that when the plugin thinks that the stream
has stopped (eg progress > duration) it displays a message along the
lines of "Contact lost - press play to restart" ?  Then at least it can
be expecting the command to restart and not just ignoring me!!  To be
honest, I'm not quite sure what I did that eventually got it going, I
just pushed buttons.

As it happens, while typing this in, its just stopped again (90 mins
playing this time), and again theres nothing in the log to show theres
anything wrong.

On the remote menu, going back to "LastFM ->" and pressing "play" took
me into the "now playing mode" ((showed last track name), pressing play
again caused an attempted reconnection (which failed), pressing play the
third time caused another attempted reconnection (which worked).

I think this may be exactly the same as last time, as captured in the
log file I posted, so I won't post another one.

Hope this helps...

Ceejay

--
ceejay