Have a look in /var/log/mgetty/ to see if any of the files in there
contain any useful errors.  If in doubt, do "ls -ltr" in that directory
and look in the file that is listed last (i.e. the last one that was
written to).  Also try setting -x5 to get more debug info from mgetty.

Max

--
max.spicer

The wild things roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible
teeth
and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws
but Max stepped into his private boat and waved good-bye