James,

Thanks for all of the help, you've of course hit it on the head, I had
the wrong version of the plugin.

Being in the IT industry myself (network stuff) I'm not a complete
idiot, so allow me to explain how this happened.

When the official Last.FM site is visited it provides a direct link to
the Audioscrobbler plugin for the Squeezebox but gives no mention
whatsoever that without your Last.FM plugin for internet radio support
all that will happen is your user data will be submitted to Last.FM.

In my haste to get the proper plugin I did not check the version and
hence the mistake.

I would be happy to assist with documentation.  I have three initial
suggestions.

1.  Kindly ask the SlimScrobbler people and/or the Last.FM folks to
include a link to YOUR plugin and an explanation that BOTH plugins are
needed to actually accomplish music playback with Last.FM service on
the Squeezebox.

2.  Include a readme file with every release of Last.FM that indicates
what version it is intended for (I realize this is on the website, but
I think it would help quite a bit).

3.  In the same readme include some very basic documentation for setup
of the application, including some sample radio stations, etc.  I would
be happy to assist with drafting something for you to include.

Thanks again, now that the service is working I'm really happy with how
your plugin works!

--
jmpage2