Philip Meyer Wrote:

> I like this - adding Random Mix and SQLPlaylist together in one browser
> window (can't see why one would ever want static playlists in the same
> list though - I've turned that option off).
The idea was that you might want to have all playlists in one place,
but I agree the static playlists are a bit different than the dynamic
so thats also why I made it optionally.

Philip Meyer Wrote:
> However, what happens with genre selection for Random Mix playlists?
> Does it select all genres, or use the genre selection from the Random
> Mix page?

It should use the genre selection from the Random Mix page. But I have
to admit that I have not tested this very well, so if you feel it does
not work please report it here. The code in the Random Mix plugin was a
bit hard to call from outside, so at the moment some code from the
Random Mix plugin is duplicated in the DynamicPlaylist plugin. The
integration would be much better if the Random Mix plugin itself
implemented the required methods to support the DynamicPlaylist plugin,
but I felt that it was not worth the trouble until I knew if people
liked the idea with the DynamicPlaylist plugin or not.

Philip Meyer Wrote:
> I notice a typo in the plugin settings text: "DynamicPlayList is a
> plugin which makes it easy to write your own dynamic playlist plugin
> and ???? it below the same menu as the other playlists"
Thanks, I will correct this in next release.

Philip Meyer Wrote:
> Also, I have a question about the SQL Playlist plugin.  My SQL playlists
> have "limit 10" - is this necessary, as the SQL Playlist/Dynamic
> Playlist screens have configurable limits (or should the SQL limit
> always be greater than the upcoming tracks limit?).
It does not matter, but for performance reasons I think the best case
is if it is approximately the same as the limits configured in the web
interface.
If the SQL limit is lower than the web interface limit, the playlist
may not be filled until a number of tracks has been played.
If the SQL limit is higher than the web interface limit, it will just
return the first xxx tracks.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson