The error "Information could not be collected. There might be a network
problem. Please try again!" immediately shows.

What happens if you play any other artist?

There's probably an invalid HTML file in the cache folder. Purge that folder using the appropriate button in the plugin's settings page, play some other artist, try to get a bio. Does it work?

Unfortunately I cannot do this from my IPAQ, since its not been setup
to surf via wifi.

You'll have to if you want to use SlimRemote on it :-)

But....again, can I SAVE all the information locally (hard drive),
should I get it working.

And again: the server does save the files, I can't do this on the client's side.

You mentioned caching, which for me implies I'll lose this info, should
I reinstall SlimServer for whatever reason.

If you want to keep it, backup the Cache/.slimserver-biography-cache folder within slimserver's installation folder.

--

Michael