Hi Adrian,

I'll try to summarise the situation - with fresh eyes you might see
something.

The problem we're chasing is breakdown of the BBC mms stream on the SB
- the same stream plays with no problem on the PC.

Although SB plays music from PC fine but there are a high number of
retransmits. This makes me believe there are problems with the wireless
link which is not apparent when using the PC but when the stream is from
the internet - the extra time to handle retransmits on a live audio
stream means buffers run out and stream breaks down.

The signals strength is 80-85% yet retransmits runrate is about
2/secs.

As a test on my system with signal strength 81% - I get no retransmits
playing a PC file. I shielded the router to reduce signal strength to
70% and still no retransmits.

So as I see it
1. Is the retransmit issue a red herring or the underlying problem ?
2. If retransmit is the problem  - what is the cure ?

Regardless of the above, any suggestions for Diana to cure the mms
stream problem ?

--
bpa