castalla wrote:
> Ugghhh!  Now it takes an age for streams to start on my linux system!

Interesting but can't help without more info.  There is very little code
change in 1.5.2.  There is an option of starting playing from an earlier
time but if delay is set to "15 sec delay" and buffer threshold to 255
it will be the same as 1.4.9 except using HTTP/1.1 code. For me,
HTTP/1.1 means packet response are usually about 80-120ms vs 250ms so
delays should not be increased.

So like the Windows scenario, I'm guessing the issue might be a
combination of LMS platform and player. The Touch should be the
reference player - should be no delays. Other players such as Joggler,
upnpbridge, chromecast etc. from the reference.

what is the LMS server ?
Is it only Live streams that are affected ?
Are you in the UK ?
Are you using a VPN or similar to pretend to be in UK ?
Is transcoding happening ?

If you are unsing a single/dual core low power LMS system such as a RPi
v1. with somehting like castbridge - it may be worthwhile changing the
"live delay" to 1min to 2 min to see if building up a buffer of data
helps.

I must dust off my RPiv1 to see if that is an issue.