davidismynaim wrote:
> quick update:
> still all good, no rebuffering at all!! amazing.
>
> However, 1st world problem I know, but the info about the song playing
> is out of sync with the 3 mins delay. ie, you get the song info for the
> 'live radio' and the actual music is 3 mins behind that, this is on SB3.
> On squeezeplay (on a joggler) i get 2 lines of info about the DJ session
> you are listening too, but no song info at all. is this the same on
> touch? I can't fully remember but I thought I used to get the song info
> on the jogger in the past. But I might be mistaken.
>
> I have on-air text enabled. always display station icon unchecked, and
> live text on the bottom line for SB3.
>
> Also, on the joggler the delay is shown as 0 mins delay? on SB3 shows as
> 3 mins. Odd?

The metadata is a nightmare and would be simpler not to show it.
The problem with on air text is that it is synced with timecode of the
last packet sent from LMS.  I can't tell which packet is actually being
played by the player and the amount of data in player can vary accoring
to BufferThreshold setting and whether there have been "slow packets".
If the player has a native feedback it could have a 2-5 min buffer
depending on the data rate of the AAC stream and the buffer Threshold
setting.  If the stream has been transcoded to Flac there can be perhaps
between 30secs to 2mins.  It gets worse if user pauses the stream - some
short pauses are handled by LMS - when they get a bit long LMS stops the
streams. After a paused stream is resumed - the timecode of the playing
packet is not realtime.  Furthermore the Live metadata for the stream
from BBC if often no longer available if pause is too long (long is also
undefined).

So for 1.5.x I didn't make any changes to metadata until rebuffering
solution have been settled why waste time rewriting code if the "live
delay" solution didn't work for all. I think it is "good" enough for
beta.  Once rebuffering problem is managed I can look at tweaking
metadata delays.

LMS Delays display of in stream icy metadata by a calcualtion on the
bit rate of the stream but you will see the same effect of metadata out
of sync just not to the same extent.  No problem with delays as
metatdata is instream close to audio data to which it refers.