Another update:

I tried to improve the handling of bookmarks for playlists. Starting
from version 1.2.10 these should now be as reliable as bookmarks for
albums.

Previously i referenced playlists by their id, which often caused their
deletion after a rescan. The plugin now uses the name of the playlist
(aka the filename of the m3u file) to reference the bookmark. It also
notices when you change the name of a playlist and updates the bookmark
accordingly.

Please note that the version i uploaded a couple of days ago had a bug,
which caused playlist bookmarks to disappear after a server restart.
I did not notice that on my development system, because this only
occurred when the "fulltext-search" plugin is installed.

After getting help from Michael (@Michael: If you are following this
thread - thanks again for putting me on the right track!) i was able to
fix this.
Sorry for two updates in a short interval, but i wanted this bug to be
removed before it starts to confuse anyone.