pippin wrote:
> I think there are additional issues: I'm not sure whether "skip back",
> which is supposed to jump to the beginning of the track, still works
> correctly (I think it might have a similar problem), the same is true
> for jumping to the currently playing track in a current playlist, which
> is also supposed to jump to the beginning of the track.

This is partly by design. I wanted to always jump to the bookmarked
position if "newsong" hits the bookmarked track of an album/playlist.
But i do see your point - If the user "moves" in a playlist (with
buttons or by selecting a specific track in the current playlist) then
tracks should be started at their beginning. Well, my background is more
in backend development, so usually i don't have to care a lot about user
experience :)

Will take a couple of days - please skip the next lines if you're not
interested in the details:

My plugin subscribes to "playlist loadtracks/loadalbum/addtracks" events
and - if it finds a matching bookmark - issues a "playlist index"
command to move to the correct track. This then triggers "newsong" which
i use to move to the bookmarked position in track.
If the user moves around in the playlist this also triggers newsong
events, so i need to implement a trigger mechanism, to be able to
distinguish between "newsong" events triggered by the user or by
myself.

Not a big deal but with all the possible combinations of
local/remote/albums/playlists/playmodes/button actions/slider actions i
want to be sure that i don't introduce new side effects.