bpa wrote:
> I would advise a safe 100 as non UK is by default 96K unless you have
> set for lowest which is 48k ?
>
> Any difference between Live and Listen Again ror do both require 20 ?
>
> Sorry was slow answering this post as I wanted to test on a slow Linux
> system so see if there was anything special I tested on an RPi v1 and
> default install value worked OK. So I am mystified by your LMS on Jogger
> (it has an Atom single or dual core ? with/out HT ?) especially as Touch
> is the player so no transcoding.
>
> The value of threshold for all BBCiPlayer plugins prior 1.5.2 was 255.
> No delay and threshold of 255 means 1.5.2 is the same as 1.4.9 except
> for using HTTP/1.1 which means 1.5.2 should get data in faster than
> 1.4.9 and so be able to start playing earlier that 1.4.9.
>
> The threshold value is the minimum amount of data in the player before
> player should start playing as data is sent in realtime from source
> (i.e. you have to wait 10 secs to get 10 secs of audio from a live
> stream) .
> For audio from files  - the data is sent fast (as all of it is
> available) to player so internal buffer is full before it starts
> playing.
> For non chunked HTTP/MP3 and similar streams LMS calculate the threshold
> from the bitrate and Advanced Network Setting "Radio Station Buffer
> Seconds". Typically any stream above 128kbps a value of 255 is OK.  Too
> low - the player will run out of data before next packet arrives -
> constantr rebuffering. Just high enough and player wil be able to play
> as long as network stream is smooth - any delay and player wil rebuffer.
> Too high and the user will think the player takes too long to  start
> playing audio but no rebuffering.

Thanks ... it'll probably take me as long to give a reply - tied up with
cars & hospitals this week!

Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8
speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker;  - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE
Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
SB Player - Fire TV