bpa wrote:
> I play R4 all the time on Boom - so there is no Boom specific issues
> except perhaps the generaL wifi one - is the Boom wired ?
> The should be no difference between R4Extra and any other station.
>
> At busy time BBC/CDN can be slow to deliver packet sometimes as long as
> 30 secs.
>
> Please be more descriptive on "drop out" - is it a pause where no audio
> is lost but silence is inserted or is it where audio is lost and
> replaced by silence ?
> Did "rebuffering" appear in the display ?
> Any messages in the log file corresponding to same time as drop outs ?
>
> What are your BBCiPlayer Live preference settings ?
> Are you in the UK ?
> What time did this happen ?
> Have you changed any BBCiPlayer setting ?
> Did you migrate from 1.4.*  or a clean new 1.5.2 installation ?
>
> Also the general advice - disable the plugin uPNP/DLNA Media interface
> in case of DLNA storms
>
> edit:
> My LMS system which I use most of the time is similar to yoru LMS - i5
> Ubuntu 14.04.

Ok so I have only just installed this beta version after being directed
to this thread to resolve an issue I had with iplayer extra.

With the live stream delay set to 2mins this seems to have resolved the
breaks/ rebuffering issues I had with v 1.4.9. Playing through Booms I
was getting an instant start but after about 20 seconds I would have a
break of sometimes up to 60 sec before resuming ( no loss of audio).
This happened at least twice before the feed stabilised and would then
play all day...

The only slight issue that I have now is that when using iplayer extra
the program image is not displayed either against the track in Web
control or on my phone using Squeeze Ctrl. Image displays in Iplayer and
all other music - just not in extra. Not an major issue but for
completeness would be nice.

BPA - Thanks for continuing to keep both iplayer and extra working - so
that we can all still use LMS to it full - much appreciated.

John