I have the same problem with Deezer. A single player (streaming method
"direct streaming" in the audio settings) is working fine. When
switching to "Proxied Streaming" or synching with another player (which
implicitly switches to "Proxied Streaming") does no longer work. I'm
sure it worked before, but since one or two month it dosn't.

Other users seem to have the same issue
https://www.max2play.com/en/forums/topic/cannot-play-deezer-across-multiple-squeezebox-player/

I'm running the latest 7.9 nightly, have a couple of radios, a touch, a
reciver and a squeeze lite on a pi. The problem is independed of the
device.

Not sure whether this is related to the Spotify problems, but it sounds
very similar.