Girth wrote:
> Meep have you released anything on this publicly yet? I dug around on
> your site but was only able to set up the subscription, no signs of the
> service or plugin... Are you still closed beta?

Hi Girth

To call the current stage beta is a tad optimistic, though excellent
progress is being made. Currently, there are around 30 testers signed up
through this thread and who've received invites to a teamwork project
portal. That's where the plugin file is distributed and feedback
discussions take place.I've stopped inviting new testers for the moment
as this group now has a good feel for how to set up and run the test
code and report issues etc. If I start giving more people access now,
I'll spend a good deal of my time dealing with set-up and other teething
issues rather than concentrating on coding.

However, soon enough I will need a new cohort of testers to take a fresh
look when I have the base infrastructure up and running. Below I've
posted the current skeleton development release plan. I would expect to
be inviting more users in at version 0.2. If you'd like access at that
stage and have some time to help test, please send me a PM with the
email address you use for your Amazon account and I'll invite you when
we get there.

v0.1.3 (completed)

  [*=left]Refactoring skill<->plugin comms to utilise asynchttp and
  https
  [*=left]Fix apostrophe bug
  [*=left]Determination of users LMS port

v0.1.4 (in test)

  [*=left]add enhanced security (data encryption, message
  authentication)
  [*=left]add dev. branch skill to negate need to take skill offline

v0.1.5 (in dev.)

  [*=left]add experimental support for MQTT skill<->plugin comms
  [*=left]improve play/pause performance
  [*=left]add volume control command

v0.1.6

  [*=left]add enhanced MQTT support
  [*=left]finalise security, encryption and authentication

v0.2.0

  [*=left]expanded command set

v0.3.0

  [*=left]evaluate feasibility of echo stream playback

v0.4.0

  [*=left]-implementation of final feature set

ALEXA LMS SKILL: http://www.hab-tunes.com | Twitter: '#habtunes'
(https://twitter.com/search?q=%23habtunes&src=typd&lang=en)
Personal HA BLOG: http://mediaserver8.blogspot.com

Squeezebox | Squeezebox Radio x 2  | Squeezebox Duet