bpa wrote:
> Well there is on my Ubuntu but the user has to have the permission to
> use it.
>
> If you are runnign LMS as a service (which I think you are but you
> haven't said) - then waveinput under pulse will not work unless pulse is
> setup a system or daemonized as LMS and audio source are not under the
> same user.
Alright here we go - I did some fiddling with the system such that
pulseaudio is now running as a deamon:

Code:
--------------------
    birgit@bw-tp-w520:~$ pulseaudio -k && ps -C pulseaudio
  PID TTY          TIME CMD
  birgit@bw-tp-w520:~$ pulseaudio -D && ps -C pulseaudio && pulseaudio
--dump-conf | grep daemon
  PID TTY          TIME CMD
  19853 ?        00:00:00 pulseaudio
  ### Lese von Konfigurationsdatei: /etc/pulse/daemon.conf ###
  daemonize = yes

Subsequently I forced a reload of LMS and restartet the server. I played
music with Rhythmbox and tried all wavin:xxx favorites. Will write a log
file in the next hour or so.

Txs for your help so far, bpa - this is really confusing to some
extend...