florca wrote:
> Except that now it's not! They're obviously locking things down pretty
> heavily this morning as within the last ten minutes those links, working
> earlier, now resolve to a "Maintenance Mode" page. I'd like to believe
> that the real target of this lockdown is get_iplayer etc. rather than
> the Squeezebox plugins, but I rather fear that the only long-term answer
> for the BBCiPlayer SB plugin is to come to some sort of formal, licensed
> deal, potentially involving a closed source blob? Did you (bpa) ever
> have any worthwhile follow-up with the BBC Developer who popped up on
> the forums complaining about the plugin behaviour, and could he be a
> route into the citadel?

No I didn't contact BBC as otherwise I'd be legally responsible and LMS
cannot lock down source code.

Systemline use LMS and their cleaned up version of the BBCiPlayer plugin
(not with Extras) and they have an official line to BBC.  see
https://www.systemline.co.uk/themes/systemlinev3/pdf/Adding%20new%20BBCiplayer%20plugin.pdf