itm wrote:
> The phone was connected to a 5GHz connection at the time (I already have
> separate SSIDs for 2.4/5GHz). I don't see an option to "only use 5GHz"
> though???
>
> I thought it interesting that Google Play Music didn't suffer from the
> same issue. Maybe it handles its data buffering differently?

Starting point:
What are your LMS file formats ?
IIRC GPM always convert to MP3 but at what bit rate ?

On Youtube Google uses chunked HTTP (e.g. DASH) which allows for dynamic
rate adaptions which means if bandwidtrh is not available it switches
down to lower bitrate on the fly - They may be using similar on GPM.
LMS uses a fixed bandwidthdepending on fiel format.