I'm using SuSE 10.0 and SS 6.5.1.  You were absolutely correct on the
first point.  I needed to do a chmod on the directory to open-up the
access rights.  Silly me.

On the second point, I've had less luck.  I did a full rescan, with the
same results.  Basically, I get the right set of genres at the top
level; but each genre I go into shows me exactly the same list of
Artists and tracks.

I don't think it is having a problem reading the comment since every
track shown *does* have the specified comment.  It's the genre
information that seems to be getting lost after the top level.

I should point out that I import my music data from iTunes.

Dave

--
Gildahl