hestbank wrote:
> Here are screen grabs of the LMS Web UI with the settings page
> alongside.
> You can see that on the one with "Always display station icon" enabled
> the currently playing song is displayed on the top line.
> On the one with "Always display station icon" not enabled you get a
> picture specifically for the programme but no information on the song
> being played.
> The result is the same on my Touch display and on Squeeze Control
> (Windows).
> Hope that helps.

Thanks I see the issue now. Track info isn't always available and when I
did a quick look onm R3 & R2 - it was those times.

IIRC what you're seeing is the remnants of an attempt to display
realtime track info.  Initially Realtime track info was only readily
available from Radioplayer , however more recently BBC have a new feed.
RadioPlayer seemed to be unreliable - there were times when info was
not available. Then I found a BBC feed and so I implemented "Recent
Tracks" .  There were(are?) also complications about what to display if
user has paused stream or jumped back. The results seemed unsatisfactory
(i.e. results in users queries) so I just went with "Recent Track"  -
unfortunately - it looks like I didn't remove all the code paths and so
track info can appear if icon is disabled.