mherger wrote:
> > Pi3 with pCp 3.2 also has Touchscreen and is one of 4 synced players
> (2
> > other Pis and a Joggler). No apparent issue on local files (via NFS
> > mount) but definitely DSTM and Spotty connecting issue.
>
> Hm... I've got a similar setup (Pi3, pCP 3.20), but I don't use it as
> player, and I'm using a screen on HDMI, rather than a touch screen. Not
>
> sure whether I'm using NFS or SMB... will have to check when I'm back in
>
> the office.
>
> I'll look into the DSTM thing. Thanks for the heads up!
> --
>
> Michael

I don't think the NFS or CIFS mount is anyway an issue. The HP also has
an NFS mount.

I have just tried an iPeng via VPN connection via 4G to the HP and it's
perfect as it always was. What I didn't say because it would have
confused the issue is that the iOS vpn connection is actually to my
colleagues Draytek elsewhere and then there is a site to site IPSec from
his network to mine. It's irrelevant as the routing is working exactly
the way it should. It's like this purely because he has a Draytek
capable of SSL and mine is a bit too old for that and as you will know
Apple have killed pptp. I should add that the Pi andHP both have
staticIPs and both share the same gateway etc.

*Vortexbox LMS 7.9 music on QNAP TS419p via NFS* iThingys/iPeng/Tablets
*Living Room* - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s - Zone 2 ->
Sony TA FE 320 -> Sennheiser RS 130 & B&W P7
*Office* - RPi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755
-> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom *Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 ->
Wharfedale Modus Cubes