I'm happy to say the playback issue seems to have been fixed in the underlying librespot code - thanks a lot plietar for the great response time!

v1.1.0 - new and changed:
- fixed playback issue caused by some backend change on Spotify's end
- add new (experimental) feature: "Transfer Playback"

The new "Transfer Playback" feature allows you to transfer the playlist currently playing on your phone's Spotify app to your Squeezebox. Imagine arrive back home after listening to some music during your commute or while out running. You can now seamlessly* transfer the playlist to your Squeezebox.

* Ahm... almost. Spotify's web API for this functionality is still beta - and lacking. While the transfer of a playlist should work quite ok, if you had been listening to a mix or an album, the context might be missing, therefore not be replicated correctly. Eg. transferring a mix (which is not available through their API) would only give me the currently playing mix, but no other mix or playlist ID or something. Therefore that single track would be played in the context of its album instead.

Have fun!

--

Michael