mherger wrote:
> > My music system consists of a windows 10 PC with a QNAP NAS hosting
> my
> > music library with Logitech Media Server 7.7.2. I have 3 Squeezebox
> > radios and one Squeezebox Touch with remote control provided by the
> > iPeng APP in an iPhone. This setup has given me enormous pleasure
> over
> > several years with music instantly available from my library, BBC
> > iPlayer, other radio stations and, until now, Spotify.  Please can
> you
> > advise me how to install the IO::Socket::SSL module into my
> > environment.
>
> Please look around in QNAP related threads or forums. That's very NAS
> specific and I'm not familiar with that system at all.
>
> --
>
> Michael

Until a couple of years ago, I was running LMS on a QNAP, but switched
to running LMS on a Raspberry Pi3 with the music files held on the QNAP.
Frankly, it's a lot less hassle to keep up to date. And I just picked up
the existence of the 'piCorePlayer help website'
(http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net/main_getting_started.shtml) the
other day, which pretty much explains all you have to do. I leave the
QNAP and Pi running 24/7. Spotty works very well with the Pi.

Robert

*Home: *Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9  with files on QNAP TS-239
Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega
Planar 3 and Naim CD3)
PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with touchscreen and IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired)
*Office:* LMS7.9 running on WiFi MyPassport drive >
piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob