Learnincurve wrote:
> I simply escaped the left bracket at line 378 of
> /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/JSInterp.pm
> as the error message instructed:

> while ($fields =~ /
> ([a-zA-Z\$0-9]+)\s*:\s*function
> \(([a-z,]+)\){([^}]+)}

> while ($fields =~ /
> ([a-zA-Z\$0-9]+)\s*:\s*function
> \(([a-z,]+)\)\{([^}]+)}
>
> Plugin now loads without errors.
>
> BR.
>
> Marius

Thanks - I have now to verify that this regex still does what it's
supposed to do - but according to perl doc, it's fine and it's a change
in 5.26 (making the escape of { mandatory when used as a litteral)

Code:
--------------------

  Quantifiers are used when a particular portion of a pattern needs to match a
certain number (or numbers) of times. If there isn't a quantifier the number of
times to match is exactly one. The following standard quantifiers are
recognized:
  *           Match 0 or more times
  +           Match 1 or more times
  ?           Match 1 or 0 times
  {n}         Match exactly n times
  {n,}        Match at least n times
  {n,m}       Match at least n but not more than m times
  (If a non-escaped curly bracket occurs in a context other than one of the
quantifiers listed above, where it does not form part of a backslashed sequence
like \x{...} , it is either a fatal syntax error, or treated as a regular
character, generally with a deprecation warning raised. To escape it, you can
precede it with a backslash ("\{" ) or enclose it within square brackets ("[{]"
). This change will allow for future syntax extensions (like making the lower
bound of a quantifier optional), and better error checking of quantifiers).

AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5