I had a first quick take on the Connect feature for Windows. Here's what
I found, so far: Skip has problems :) It only works if skipping from the
Spotify app and if you 1. Skip 2. Stops the current playing song 3.
Selects your Squeezebox device once again 4. Clicks Play again. This
seems to always be the case. I also noticed that your selecteable device
comes and goes;

Well, that's pretty much what I'm seeing. The fact that you can't control, and that the device comes and goes, is a sign of the Connect daemon crashing and being restarted. It crashes as soon as the first interaction has happened. If you started it manually from a command window, it wouldn't. Go figure...

You could set logging for plugin.spotty=INFO. That would print the command line used to start the daemon. Copy/paste that line to a command window, disable Connect in LMS, and see whether you'd be able to use Connect in Spotify.

--

Michael