philippe_44 wrote:
> Well, I made some thorough code review and better validation and I think
> I nailed down were the spurious volume command was sent. I do think that
> the 0.3.3.0 should work now, in all configurations (trigger, ignore,
> initial volume set ....). I've also added in all bridges a "restart"
> button in the settings to save you 3 clicks when you have to restart it
> - not much improvement but still
>
> Sorry for all the 'max volume' inconveniences
Thanks for all your work.  However, I'm sorry to say that my player is
still playing up in frankly mysterious ways when the volume settings are
set to 'ignore' and -1.  Sometimes it didn't seem to want to play at all
(although the LMS gui said it was), sometimes it went to max volume.

Using 'software', 30, -30:1, -15:50, 0:100, mute - no, trigger - no, and
feedback - yes    :- works. I'm unclear what should happen to the LMS
volume setting when the player first appears, but assume it gets left as
it was.  Feedback doesn't seem to work for my player, but that's not an
issue for me.

So I can use the preset volume to get it to work OK.  Maybe giving me
the option to be in full control on the player is a luxury I can live
without.  Let me know if you want me to pursue testing, logs etc - I'm
happy to if you want.

The Restart button works a treat - thanks!

LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.  Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.