PasTim wrote:
> As is usual in such situations, everything worked perfectly this time.
> Life's like that.  A log is attached.
>
> OK - understood.  Would you expect most people to use hardware or
> software controls?

I expect 99.999% of people to use hardware controls. The software
version I made only because during my development I happened to have a
faulty device for which hardware volume was causing playback to be
interrupted for a few seconds (did the same with any airplay
controller), so it geared me toward that trick,  but I would never have
done it otherwise

> Well I haven't been able to make it misbehave to max volume again yet,
> so maybe it was some form of hangover.
>
> Edit: I just ran a second test, and this time the gui said it was
> playing, but it wasn't.  I had to pause and restart the device on the
> gui, then it ran OK.  See airplaylog 2.zip
Did you use Default=-1 and Trigger = true? What was Mode? It seems that
the player was playing but its was muted.

One issue with this Trigger requirement is that when the player does not
detect that it can inform it's controller of changes, then no volume
command will be sent ever as the status will be waited forever. I can
add a timeout, although I hate to rely on timeouts ...

AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5