Unless "make" completes with no errors there is no point doing a "make
install"

Your make is stopping where is looks like problems with standard
definition of uint32_t which has been used in previous file so there is
something strange.  This can happen if you are not very careful in
cleaning up between runs of "configure".  The sequence would be

make distclean
./configure
make

Try the above sequence and if there is still an error post the
config.mak and the configure.log files.

As a stopgap, you could try to use the following pre-compiled version
of mplayer.  I built it for my Kurobox Gentoo distro but it is built
with static libraries so it should run on your system although it will
take up a bit more memory. Copy down, untar and put in the slimserver
Bin directory.  Try running it from a command line and if a banner is
displayed - it should be OK.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~altondsl/slim/mplayerppc.tar.gz

--
bpa