"If this is Windows Home Server v1, then I'm sorry, Spotty will not
work.
If not, you might want to check out the server.log to get us some
information about the failure."

Michael, bought a Max2Play Rasberry Pi to act as server, now up and
running thanks for the App.

I am sure some long term Squeezebox users, like me, will upgrade to
spotify and try and use through squeezebox straight away without
understanding Spotify first.
My key understanding is as follows:-

There are two different ways of operating Spotty.
1) use Spotty on LMS (in my case via iPeng) which pulls music down from
Spotify
2) use Spotify app to push to Squeezebox (Spotify Connect)

Other than choice of interface, there seems to be a difference in where
the playlist/queue resides. If you select off Spotify, it has the
playlist and Squeezebox can only see one song.
If you use Spotty then the whole playlist is in LMS, and you can resort
or even add songs from the server to the current playlist, but Spotify
apps won't report what is being played.

Mitch

2 * SB3, 1 * Boom, 2 * Radio and 1 * Touch
controlled by IR, SBC [and iPeng on iPhone]
7.5.4 r32171 on WHS on HP MediaSmart (EX470) upgraded to 2G RAM
http://www.last.fm/user/digimich