mherger wrote:
> > Can I enable my Squeezebox Radios as local device only. So Radios
> >    vanish in the Spotify app when I leave my LAN?
> No, unfortunately this won't work.
>
> > - If a guest chooses a Radio while being at my home: Can he stream to
> >    my Radios even if he is gone?
>
> Now that's a good one... I think it _might_ work as long as you haven't
>
> taken over control of that Radio from one of your accounts, or have
> restarted LMS. Or the spotty daemon hasn't crashed :-)

I did more testing with remote clients and multiple accounts:

- If you are a guest (= no Spotify account configured in Spotty
  plugin) and leave the WLAN then all Squeezeboxes are vanishing
  (puhhh!). No chance to wake up your friends.
- If you leave the WLAN and have a configured account in Spotty then
  you only see Squeezeboxes which are switched to your account.

Summarized it seems there are two ways Spotty advertises Squeezeboxes:
As authenticated device or as anonymous device. Authenticated devices
stay visible to the account owner even if one goes abroad.

There are two improvements I could think off in an upcoming Spotty
release:

- Only advertise Squeezeboxes anonymously. Playing on a remote
  Squeezebox seems to have no meaningful use case. Even worse you cannot
  switch off the Squeezebox remotely if you streamed to it in error.
- Turn Squeezeboxes off after playing stops in Spotify Connect. This
  is the standard behavior on most Spotify Connect enabled devices. It
  is more convenient as it does not force you to switch to iPeng or walk
  to the box if you are done with listening.

Tom