Sorry for missing this point (assuming this is the one you are referring
to). So this description also refers to a delay when selecting the first
track?

In Connect mode or SB controlled?

"Squeezebox would show the next track's metadata 5-10s before it
actually starts playing (while the previous track was still active)"

That's a limitation in Connect mode only.

I recall that you had another version of Spotty that didn't have the
"Connect" feature. I personally don't need the Connect feature that much
(I'm happy to control Spotty exclusively from Squeezecenter) and I don't
remember this delay in older versions of Spotty. Is there any way of me
installing an old version?

Not really. But then I'm not sure what delay you're referring to either.

--

Michael